Veterinary Surgeon - Airdrie Vets4Pets
Job Description Passionate & Talented Veterinary Surgeon
- RCVS Accredited, standalone small animal practice based in Airdrie, Scotland
- Full-time veterinary surgeon with at least 1 years’ experience, with a bias towards surgery (though not essential)
- £32-60k+ depending on experience, no OOH
Our established small animal practice has a fantastic opportunity for a forward thinking and ambitious veterinary surgeon to join our friendly and professional team. Our focus is on looking after you so you can concentrate on doing what you do best, looking after clients and their pets!
Our practice has flourished since opening in 2012, making us the go
to practice in the local area, with a large and loyal client base. We have been RCVS PSS accredited at General Practice level since opening and
do all the things you would expect a busy small animal practice to do. With a forward-thinking team of vets and RVN’s, all of whom contribute
to our clinical protocols, we consistently deliver the highest standards
of clinical care to our patients. They are supported by our friendly and service focused team of client care advisors who look after our clients and ensure your day runs smoothly. We are a welcoming, enthusiastic and caring team of individuals consisting of 6 vets, 4 RVNs and 5 client care advisors. Mike is the practice owner, vet and manager. All of our team are actively involved in establishing our practice procedures and culture, based on communication, support and mutual respect.
“Coming to work every day is an absolute pleasure. We're one big family all helping each other out to provide the best patient care possible. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else.”
Nicolas Moura, Vet Surgeon
“I love that I feel excited to come to work every day because I know no matter what the day holds, the team will always pull together to get through it while maintaining the highest standards of patient care!”
Chelsea Faulkner, RVN
Take an online tour around the practice here: See our vets in action!
About This Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with at least 1 year's
experience to further develop their career, with the help and support needed to become an amazing young vet. Although a bias towards surgery is preferable, Mike and the rest of the team are here to offer and provide all the support you want and need to develop your own interests.
The role will require:
- Quality first opinion diagnostic skills
- Working up cases and developing evidence-based treatment plans
- Being confident in routine soft tissue surgery
- Tailored, patient-centric preventive care advice
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
Your qualifications are essential to your success in this role and it is expected that you will demonstrate expertise as a veterinary surgeon.
In addition, these qualities are also important to us:
- An ability to build rapport with clients, their pets and your fellow team members
- Combine compassion with efficiency and integrity
- Exceptional client communication skills that convey diagnoses and treatment plans in an easily understandable and professional way
- Maintaining a positive and supportive approach at all times
- Patience and kindness, especially in challenging situations
- The confidence to own tasks and responsibilities, and deliver positive outcomes
- Striving to continue to learn and never stop sharing knowledge
- Trusting your knowledge, your colleagues and your common sense
Airdrie is a small suburban town, located in the central belt of Scotland with excellent transport links to both Edinburgh and Glasgow. In addi-tion, the beautiful southern Highlands are just a short drive north of the town providing endless opportunities to engage in cultural, historic and outdoor pursuits.
- £32-60k+ depending on experience, no OOH
- Professional subscriptions & memberships
- Contributory workplace pension
- Generous CPD allowance & support, with regular in-house training
- Exclusive company discounts of 20% off Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
- Further discounts for your own pet’s vet care
- 5.6 weeks holiday PLUS your birthday off (including presents from the team!)
- Fully funded annual Christmas party and bonus
- Monthly Tea & Cake break when we close the door to clients for an hour!
We offer a work environment where we can support your dedication to performing quality medicine and surgery and where the team you work with is there for you at all times.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Mike Knipe for more information or an informal chat on 01236 756595 or email your CV and covering letter to Mike via the apply button.
Alternatively, you can apply online at https://www.vets4petscareers.com/job-vacancies/veterinary-surgeon---airdrie-vets4pets/
Airdrie Vets4Pets Ltd.
60 Clark Street
Location: Ml6 6DW