Registered Veterinary Nurse
We are currently looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our small animal practice in Hyde, Manchester. This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week, 5 days per week with a mixture of late and early shifts between practice opening times of 8:30am -7pm, and a share of Saturdays (8:30am-12:30pm). Time will be given back for Saturday hours, and there are no out of hours. To be successful in this role, you will be passionate about providing high quality clinical care to all pets. You will provide an outstanding client experience and help to create and maintain an efficient clinic.
Situated on the doorstep of the Peak District and only 30 minutes from Manchester, White Cross Vets Hyde is a purpose-built practice with 4 consulting rooms and separate cat and dog wards. The practice is fully equipped with all the latest technology including an operating theatre, digital x-ray including dental x-ray, in-house IDEXX laboratory, blood pressure monitor and ultrasound. Our Clinic Director, Mike, has PgC in Small Animal Medicine.
The team at Hyde are keen on staff well-being and welfare with monthly Well-being Days and weekly team meetings. We are an ISFM Silver awarded clinic. We run a range of nurse led clinics including Anneliese who runs a popular free weight clinics which have had proven results for her patients. We provide free treatment to local school and nursery pets, support local charities, and take part in dog shows in the local area. We like to hold in house CPD as much as we can and get speakers into the practice to give us updates on new products.
We are looking for a highly motivated veterinary nurse who can thrive in our high-quality practice. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility, and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
- Experience in UK / Small Animal practice
- RCVS registered
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
- Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Further team member benefits enjoyed include
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- Extra day of holiday on your birthday
- 3 days paid CPD leave
- £600 CPD Allowance per annum
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
- Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Up to four days PETernity leave
- Contribution towards purchasing a Fitbit and weekly leader board challenges
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Practice social events
- Opportunity for career development
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
- Paid bereavement leave
- Service-related company sick pay
- Social events
- Focus on employee well-being
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To apply, please email your CV to Susan via the apply button or call 07977242576 for more information.