Lead Veterinary Surgeon - Dalston (Maternity Cover)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our Dalston practice in East London!
This is a maternity cover contract, working across our 4-day week for excellent work/life balance!
You will be leading a friendly team of one other veterinary surgeon, two veterinary nurses and a receptionist. Here, you will be exposed to a varied and interesting case load in our clinic, with digital x-ray, lab equipment, prep area and equipped theatre.
Salary and benefits:
- - Salary up to £65,000 dependent on experience
- - Vehicle or £2,500 allowance
- - £1,500 CPD allowance plus 3-days CPD leave
- - BVS, VDS, RCVS fees paid
- - 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- - 4-day week 09:00-19:00 - 39 hours
- - 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
- - Improved Maternity and Paternity Leave
- - Paid sabbatical after every five years’ service
- - Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- - Company discounts and reward scheme
- - Additional benefits include100% attendance and 'Peternity' Leave
- - Fantastic career progression
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years UK small animal practice experience and confident working sole charge occasionally.
You must have a client-orientated approach and excellent communication skills, work to a high standard both medically and surgically and have drive and ambition to help develop this practice further.
Not familiar with the area?
The Dalston clinic has two parking spaces and is located on Dalston Lane. Dalston is a trendy area home to a number of vintage fashion stores, cocktail bars and basement clubs. Their is also the regular Ridley Rd Market and an active music scene.