Lead Veterinary Surgeon - Surrey Quays
We are seeking a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our small, friendly Medivet Surrey Quays practice in South London.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills alongside an interest in managing a small team and developing a clinic to its full potential.
This is a sole charge role leading our wonderful Head Nurse and SVN.
We work collaboratively with our local sister clinic, Southwark. It’s also very well situated to our Camberwell 24-Hour Hospital where you can ensure thorough work-ups of cases. Our hospital vets always on hand to support and can provide advanced surgical procedures for your patients if required.
Camberwell are equipped with CT imaging, digital and dental x-ray, ultrasound, bronchoscope and endoscope, blood pressure machine, ECG, full lab including microscope, haematology and biochemistry analyser, bone kit as well as full ex-lap kit including suction and diathermy and lap spay equipment.
Salary and hours:
- Salary package up to £55,000 dependent on experience
- Vehicle or £2500 allowance
- CPD allowance £1500 with 3-days CPD leave
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- RCVS, VDS and BVA membership fees
- 4 days per week plus 1:3 weekends
- Improved Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Paid sabbatical after every five years’ service
- Company discounts and reward scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Additional benefits, including 100% attendance scheme and ‘peternity’ leave
Branch Partnership opportunities within this practice are also available where you can own part of the clinic, have complete clinical freedom whilst receiving full support from the wider Medivet network.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a Veterinary Surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
- Managing a small team
- Accountable for the financial performance of the clinic
- Building client relationships
- Meeting regularly with the Regional Team to determine clinic targets
- Clinical excellence
- Handling complicated cases
Medivet Surrey Quays is equipped with one consult rooms, one theatre, x-ray, dentistry facilities. Here, you will have steady and interesting caseload, working collaboratively with the team to continue the welcoming and dedicated approach to our client care.
Not familiar with the area? Surrey Quays is just south of the River Thames with Surrey Quays and Canada Water Overground Stations, and Canada Water Tube which is on the Jubilee Line.