Head Veterinary Nurse
We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Head Veterinary Nurse to join our Reading practice. This role would be suitable for an Registered Veterinary Nurse with excellent leadership, communication and organisational skills.
The role will involve all aspects of nursing as well as the day-to-day running of the practice. This position provides you with the opportunity to develop nursing clinics and use your initiative to promote new ideas; more responsibilities will form part of this role with full support being provided by the nursing team.
As a Head Veterinary Nurse you will be responsible for a variety of nursing duties as well as sharing best practice with your team and helping to support and develop the student nurses in your practice. You will also assist in the training of our Patient Care Assistants.
You will be working 40 hours per week with 1 in 4 Saturday or Sunday weekend shifts, to be worked at our Wokingham 24 Hour hospital, or on one of our runs as well as a fair share of bank holiday and on call duties.
Skills and experience:
- Registered Veterinary Nurse as defined by RCVS with
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Computer literate (full training on our system is provided)
- Demonstrate initiative in patient welfare
- Understand duties that may and may not be undertaken by PCA’s or student nurses
- Proven ability to work in and lead a team
- Full driving license
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience of being a clinical coach and supporting SVNs
Medivet Reading is a friendly clinic with a supportive team. The practice offers a full range of veterinary services and facilities, including digital x-ray, ultrasound, nurse clinics, dental procedures and cat friendly clinics.
Reading is close to the M4 with good access to London.
More searches like this
- Practice Companion / Small animal Veterinary Nurse £25,000 - £29,999 jobs in Berkshire
- University and college Companion / Small animal Veterinary Nurse £25,000 - £29,999 jobs in Berkshire
- Charity Companion / Small animal Veterinary Nurse £25,000 - £29,999 jobs in Berkshire
- Industry Companion / Small animal Veterinary Nurse £25,000 - £29,999 jobs in Berkshire
- Referral Companion / Small animal Veterinary Nurse £25,000 - £29,999 jobs in Berkshire