Internal Medicine Specialist
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH), was established in North Ryde, Sydney in 2007 with a second hospital opening on the Central Coast of New South Wales in 2017. We are also excited to announce that we are opening a brand new purpose-built specialist veterinary facility in South Australia in October 2021. Our core purpose is to help pets and their families live their best life.
SASH is the largest veterinary specialist hospital group in the Southern Hemisphere. We are privileged to care for over 18,000 pets and their families each year. SASH offers a wide range of specialist services including Anaesthesia, Avian & Exotics, Cardiology, Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Medical and Radiation Oncology, Ophthalmology, Pathology, Physiotherapy, Radiology, Reproduction Medicine, Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation, Surgery and a renowned 24-hour Emergency and Critical Care department.
About the Role:
SASH is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated Internal Medicine specialists to join the Internal Medicine team. You will work in a growing multidisciplinary setting alongside colleagues in Surgery, Radiology, Dermatology, Anaesthesia, Avian and Exotics, and Emergency and Critical Care, whilst also having the opportunity to collaborate with the extensive network of SASH specialists.
Candidates for this position must:
- Value a hospital culture of inclusivity, empathy and teamwork.
- Be qualified as a specialist in small animal Internal Medicine (i.e. Fellow (ANZCVS) or Diplomate (ACVIM, ECVIM-CA)), or have completed an approved residency training program in small animal Internal Medicine and be eligible to sit for certification examination.
The SASH Experience:
- SASH in Tuggerah is located on the beautiful Central Coast only one hour North of Sydney. It is only a few minutes away from countless beaches and surfing opportunities and a stones throw away from Tuggerah Lake, a gorgeous saltwater wetlands. There are numerous near by National Parks as well as other recreation opportunities. It is a location to suit all lifestyles; offering nearby city or rural living. Commuting from Sydney or Newcastle is made easy with the hospital located only 5 minutes from the highway.
- Contribute to defining excellence in animal healthcare
- Be part of an organisation committed to its people and culture
- Join a family friendly workplace committed to gender equality and paid support for new parents. We offer paid parental leave equally to women and men and we also support IUI / IVF treatments with paid leave.
- Significant contribution towards relocation expenses and full reimbursement of any required visa or travel permit costs
- Generous continuing education allowance
- Excellent work-life balance
- Working in a veterinarian owned organization with leaders who understand the priorities and purpose of specialty and emergency medicine
- Collaborating with a like-minded and dedicated group of SASH specialists, residents, nurses and support team members
- On-site parking available
If you are interested in the prospect of relocating to an amazing country that can offer stability and safety and values work-life balance, look no further than Australia! We have options available across all three SASH sites and are in a period of sustained growth.