Quality Improvement Director - Home Based
2 days left
About IVC Evidensia
IVC Evidensia is proud to be Europe’s leading veterinary care provider based in 12 different countries; UK, Sweden, Netherlands, Germany, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Belgium, France, Switzerland, and Spain. IVC Evidensia has revenues of over £1.3bn and over 1600 veterinary surgeries. IVC Evidensia operates a high growth model, looking to acquire 300 sites per annum across all countries.
About The Role
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for a Group Quality Improvement Director, on a permanent contract. The business has experienced continued success in the pandemic. Main Purpose of this role is to develop and lead the Group approach to Quality Improvement within our business, positioning IVC Evidensia as the industry leader.
- Develop and drive a culture of Quality Improvement within the company, establishing a minimum and aspirational standard, ultimately positioning IVC Evidensia as the industry leader
- Work with the Group Veterinary Medical Board to establish a set of consistent Group principles, whilst allowing countries to retain flexibility based on the judgement of individual national Clinical Boards and regulatory requirements
- Support individual Clinical Boards to identify specific areas for measurement and improvement, assisting them in creating tools to meet the needs of individual clinical and professional cultures
- Grow enthusiasm amongst our teams and motivate them to ensure Quality Improvement becomes an integral part of their daily approach to clinical work, and engrained within the culture of IVC Evidensia
- Support an approach based on existing understanding, whilst exploring opportunities for IVC Evidensia to break new ground in the field of veterinary Quality improvement, contributing to the professional understanding through research
- Line-manage any appointed team members, supporting them to deliver most effectively
- Understand the changing landscape of QI and the growing relevance of this within veterinary industry
- Build relationships with key opinion leaders within the company, capturing their knowledge to ensure the group approach to clinical work needs remains current and supported by evidence based veterinary medicine
- Establish relationships between IVC Evidensia, external organisations and stakeholders, where collaboration will strengthen our company approach and contribute to improvement in the veterinary sector as a whole
- Collaborate with the Business Intelligence team, to create automatic processes for data capture and evaluation, removing the complexity of manual processes
- Work alongside the Marketing and Communications team to ensure our focus on QI is a key part of our employer brand, engages clients and provides benefit to the profession and veterinary care globally
- Work alongside the Group Hygiene Director and Antibiotic Steward to support the Group’s approach to Infection, Prevention and Control – ensuring a responsible use of antimicrobials that exceeds our commitment to society and global sustainability
- Work with our research active clinicians to support the alignment, where practical, of our QI initiatives with our areas of research
- Develop a common language around Quality Improvement, ensuring consistency within and between countries
- Work with L&D team to ensure CPD in QI is built into our internal training opportunities and provide support in sourcing external qualifications for those wanting to focus on this as an area of career development
- Maintain a keen understanding of the relationship between quality, improved patient outcomes, owner satisfaction, group reputation and the positive impact that will have on the financial performance of IVC Evidensia
- Advise the Group Veterinary Medical Board of the benefits of investment and play an important role in budgeting to allow the Quality Improvement programme to flourish
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have a degree in Veterinary Medicine and Surgery (or similar) or a qualification in Veterinary Nursing, in either case a significant experience of clinical practice and/or industry. We are looking for someone who has a relevant post-graduate qualification or the ability to demonstrate significant specific knowledge, with a solid understanding of the relationship between Quality Improvement and the benefits that brings to the business. You are the type of person who has strong leadership skills and the ability to work respectfully and constructively with colleagues from different personal and professional cultures, and strong project management skills with an understanding of the values held by IVC Evidensia and the entrepreneurial skills to make these a reality. You will have a clear knowledge of the company structure and processes and have the ability to work within and be motivated by a performance review framework.
You are required to have a full driving licence is essential as is the willingness to travel extensively within Europe, and stay away overnight.
We’re proud of the diversity of the people within our business and do our utmost to ensure every member of the group feels happy and comfortable in their place of work. True to our values, we care about our employees and genuinely want our teams to have the best experience at work possible. With this in mind, here is what you can expect to receive in terms of benefits, whilst working for IVC Evidensia.
You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, your annual leave will also increase with length of service. You will work with friendly teams and a great office environment that allows us to bring our dogs to work. What's more you'll also benefit from supportive wellbeing programmes and a discount portal. There are more benefits – to explore these, please visit: https://ivcevidensia.co.uk/our-culture
How to apply: Use the Apply button to send us your CV
Closing date: 10th September 2021
Interviews: Commencing week 20th September 2021
Apply for Quality Improvement Director - Home Based
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly