Small Animal Vet
Opportunity to join the veterinary team who won The Best UK Vet 2021
We are an ISFM Gold Standard Cat Friendly, RCVS accredited, small animal practice located in Coalville, who believe that our success is built on the hard work and dedication of our team. That success means that we are growing and need an additional veterinary surgeon to help us provide continued excellent patient care.
We offer our team members:
- Involvement in shaping the direction and development of our practice
- Input into the day-to-day decisions which are required to improve systems, processes and client engagement.
- Continuity of patient and client care
- The opportunity to work in a well-equipped practice (ultrasound with ECHO, IM3 dental machine with high and low speed drills, dental radiography, in-house lab and much more) and to be involved in innovative treatments and procedures such as laparoscopic surgery.
- An independent alternative to the corporate ‘route’
Cockburn Vets may be a small, family-run, independent practice, but our hearts are large. We believe that pet care is more than just about caring. Truly caring for pets is more than just making sure they are fit and health. Caring is about being connected and strengthening the bond between the patient, their owner and you…… their vet. We believe it’s that bond that led our owners to vote us The Best UK Vet 2021.
We’re located on a single-site in Coalville, a town in rural Leicestershire, close to the bright lights of Leicester, Nottingham, Derby and Birmingham. The area has fantastic road, rail and air links, and there are excellent cycle paths and local leisure facilities close-by in the National Forest and Peak District.
The Position: We are looking for an additional veterinary surgeon to join our experienced and supportive team. Whilst we’d prefer an experienced (2 years +) Veterinary Surgeon with solid surgical skills, new graduates are welcome to apply and will be fully supported.
The salary we’re offering is £30,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience and specialisms. (We would be very interested in ultrasonography skills.)
- We offer £1,000 CPD allowance, though additional funds are available for those wishing to undertake a certificate.
- 2 years + qualified preferred but new graduates welcome to apply
- Solid Surgical skills preferred
- A committed team player – There is no ‘I’ in TEAM
- Passionate about delivering excellent patient and customer care through working collaboratively and empathetically with clients and our team
- Working with our clients to provide high quality care for their pets
- Providing appropriate and accurate information to allow clients, based on their individual circumstances, to make decisions for their pet’s treatment
- Working with other team members to ensure high standards of in-patient care
- No ‘OOH on call’ with our out of hours calls are taken by a local emergency service provider. Our dedicated team look after in-patients when required on a rota basis with this duty shared between the vets and the VNs (no need to stay on-site).
- No sole charge
Why Should You Apply?
- We believe team work is vital to a happy work environment and we respect, appreciate and value our team members’ opinions
- We know the importance of having some control over your everyday life and firmly believe in the benefits of autonomy
- We are passionately independent; our practice is managed right here and not in some remote head office
- It is our belief that veterinary care is changing and we wish to adapt to that new normal. We believe our role is to build the trusting bond between our vets, our client’s and their pets so that we can deliver the best care to our patients. You can be an instrumental part in this journey.
- The last eighteen months have brought so many changes to the way we have all had to work and we feel it is essential to work with our team to find the best ‘new normal’. We respect that everyone needs time to decompress and rest to be at their best and we certainly don’t want to burn out any of our team members. So, we strive to be flexible and realistic in our time management and to use team input to inform decisions about working patterns.
- Are you the missing piece to our growth plans? Let’s find out together!
How To Apply
Please send a CV with covering letter via the apply button. If you’d like any further information please telephone us on 01530 836654 and ask for Diane.