Head Veterinary Nurse
Head Veterinary Nurse required at White Cross Vets, Eccleshill, Bradford
To be successful in this role, you will be a confident leader with management experience. You will be passionate about providing high quality clinical care to all pets, and will provide an outstanding client experience. You will work alongside the Clinic Director and/or other practice management to help to create and maintain an efficient clinic. The successful candidate will uphold and adhere to the White Cross Vets Principles both within the clinic and when representing White Cross Vets externally at all times.
White Cross Vets are a growing group of practices within IVC Evidensia with a genuine focus on quality care for pets. With our dedication to supporting and rewarding team members, we are the only veterinary practice to receive a three-star rating in the 'Best Companies Accredi-tation' being declared 'An extraordinary company to work for' for 6 years running. We have also been named winners of the SPVS Well-being Award 2017 and 2018, which recognised our dedication to team member engagement and well-being. Not only is White Cross Vets the practice of choice for all pet owners, we are the employer of choice for the UK veterinary profession. Our Eccleshill practice is an excellent location close to Leeds Bradford Airport and train links into Leeds and Bradford. With a fantastic team and client base, this opportunity is not to be missed.
You’ll be working alongside 3 Veterinary Surgeons, 4 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Student Nurse and 2 Client Care Coordinators in a role incorporating a mix of both consults and surgery. We are passionate about our reputation in the local community and are excited to receive our cat friendly status. We also have a real interest in the well-being of our staff and are currently working on a quiet spot in the clinic for staff
to take 5 when needed.
Further team member benefits enjoyed include:
- 7.6 weeks paid holiday including bank holidays
- 3 days paid CPD leave
- £550 CPD Allowance per annum
- SimplyHeath Plan
- VDS Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Practice social events
- Opportunity for career development
- Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee well-being
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
The Winning Candidate
We are looking for a highly motivated Head Veterinary Nurse who can thrive in our high-quality practice. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice team as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike. You will have a passion for management and leading a team, alongside the Clinic Director and/or other practice/central management.
- Experience gained in a UK / Small Animal practice setting
- Minimum of 1 years management or supervisory experience
- RCVS registered
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
- Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH3423 when applying for this role.
To apply, please email your CV to Amy via the apply button or call 07856426902 for more information.
Apply for Head Veterinary Nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly