Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
Role: Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon - New Graduates and experienced applicants welcomed
Location: North Lincolnshire
Hours: Permanent, Full time.
Hours: Mon – Fri 9am – 6pm, 1:8-9 night and weekend rota.
Nights are 6pm-8pm at the surgery then night at home. Call outs are few.
Holiday Allowance: 35 days holiday per annum inclusive of Bank Holidays when not on rota to work,
CPD Leave Allowance: 5 days CPD leave per year or 10 days leave per year if you study for a certificate.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
New graduate starting salary: £32k per annum with, in addition, 5 days funded CPD, a self-contained flat and memberships of RCVS, VDS and BSAVA paid by the practice.
Salary for more experienced vets depends on their prior experience and skills. Certificate study is funded by the practice after passing the initial 6 months period of probation.
VetFinders are proud to be the recruitment partner for a wonderful, successful and welcoming practice in North Lincolnshire. Lincolnshire is a famed for many things but it is certainly proud of the impressive 50 miles of breath-taking coastline (all aquatic pass times well catered for locally) and the lovely Lincolnshire Wolds which are great for walkers, riders and mountain bikers.
This is an ideal role for a new graduate as this practice has support in abundance, having already completed the VetGDP support training, recently introduced by RCVS, with a long history of helping new graduates to turn into fully functioning veterinary surgeons. The practice also has certificate holders in Surgery and Diagnostic Imaging who are very happy to teach techniques and provide support with clinical cases.
Applications are welcomed from all levels of experience, across all interests, in field of small animal veterinary practice.
Benefits of working for this successful and well-respected practice are:
- Competitive salary DOE. Total salary package including CPD, memberships and accommodation of around £44,000 for a new graduate, rising with experience. Salaries rise as you gain experience and are also reviewed annually to account for inflation.
- Seven weeks annual leave with an additional two days off to make a long weekend following any weekend worked to ensure a pleasant work/life balance.
- For new graduates, RCVS approved Graduate Development Practice with a long history of great support.
- If you wish to study for a Certificate, fully funded certificate study including all course attendance in work time once you have completed your probationary period.
- RCVS/VDS/BSAVA Membership fees paid by the practice.
- Accommodation (modern flat away from the main surgery) can be provided if required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for Veterinary Surgeon to join a 100% small animal practice in North East Lincolnshire.
The ideal candidate will be someone with the ambition to become an excellent vet performing at a level beyond the usual for general practice nationally.
We do not sell product. We attract clients by our excellent communication and diagnostic skills. There are no targets or protocols. We believe in clinical freedom for veterinary surgeons. We work in the best interests of our patients and their owners.
Personal development is key in this practice. This role offers the opportunity to hone your skills working with experienced veterinary professionals who are happy to teach advanced procedures and who have a work rota which supports this. We encourage certificate study, and both pay for the course in full and give additional CPD days to allow all course attendance to happen in work time.
This role is being offered on a permanent, full-time basis, hours worked over 5 days (8 hours 9-6pm). In addition, a one in eight (with new additional vet one in nine) out of hours night rota with one in 8/9 weekend rota, a long weekend (Thursday-Sunday) follows each weekend on call.
The practice is looking for a team player, who believes excellent client communication to build rapport with the long-term clients who are the basis of our success.
- RCVS registered or a new graduate who is about to qualify with a registrable degree.
- Full Driving licence valid in the UK.
- The right to work in the UK and some experience of UK practice either as a student who completed their university course here or as a qualified veterinary surgeon working in a UK practice.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent English is a requirement for this role.
- Effective decision-making ability.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills. We are looking for a good fit with the rest of the practice team.
- Willingness to learn new skills and commitment to a culture of life-long learning.
Above everything else we need a colleague who we like and likes us and who is willing to learn new skills.
About the practice:
This practice is very well known and successful in the local area, known for their patient care and exceptional values.
This is a practice in North East Lincolnshire with three branches. They provide their own out of hours emergency care. Their newly refurbished hospital facilities with dedicated orthopaedic and soft tissue theatres as well as their superbly equipped premises with in-house MRI suite, ultrasound, endoscopy, DR with PACS and GE 16 slice CT, make this an attractive and an impressive place to work.
The team consists currently of 8 Vets, 6 RVNs and 12 student nurses, so lots of experienced staff members to learn from and ask for advice.
In their own words, “We like to think that the practice has a happy and relaxed working atmosphere. We consider everyone to be part of the team and to be integral to our reputation and success.”
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV in application to Lucy Emberton-Leveson, Vetfinders.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
Maybe this role is not suitable for yourself but you know Veterinary professional that is! If you are interested in helping them find their dream job by referring them to VetFinders. We would be very grateful and as a little 'thank you' from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role. Please contact us for more information.
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VetFinders – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks and Good luck, VetFinders.
Apply for Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly