Night Veterinary Surgeon - Kensington - 7-on, 14-off
Medivet Kensington is a lovey, spacious and purpose-built hospital in Central London.
Here, our dedicated night team manage all out of hour care for both the hospital inpatients as well as the 12 surrounding clinics within the Kensington region.
Currently they have on average 6 inpatients and see on average 3 consults an evening with potential for much more!
The ideal candidate will be confident with GDV although not essential. Must be confident with stabilising acute medical cases, unblocking a cat and caesarean.
This role works alongside an experienced Night RVN and Twilight PCA/CCA with potential for further support staff once the hospital gets busier. You also have our on-call rota to call upon if needed, which is made up of all vets and nurses within the region.
Salary and hours:
- Rota 7-nights on, 14-nights off
- Hours -19:00-09:00 (average 32.67 hours per week)
- Salary £40,000 - £60,000 per annum, depending on experience
- CPD allowance (£1500 FTE)
- RCVS, VDS and BVA membership fees paid
- Paid sabbatical after every five years’ service (pro-rata)
- Company discounts and reward scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Additional benefits, including 100% attendance scheme and ‘Peternity’ leave.
Kensington is led by three Branch Partners/Vets with a day and night team consisting of five Vets, four RVNs, four SVNs, two PCA's, four CCA's, Ambulance Driver and Mobile, Graduates and Locum team members.
The hospital is equipped with digital x-ray, laparoscopic stack system, dental x-ray full in-house lab, ultrasound, separate dog and cat wards, isolation and two operating theatres - we also have a staff area and kitchenette for break times.
The clinic is located close to Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park, plenty of nice cafes and a 5 minute walk from Gloucester Road tube station and multiple nearby bus routes.