Veterinary Surgeon required at Hunt’s Veterinary Clinic, Poynton, Stockport
Are you like others and feeling a bit flummoxed with the world? Things have got to get better, haven’t they? Indeed, they will… and they are at Hunt’s anyway! Move from Languishing to Flourishing!
We are seeking a vet with the experience to integrate within our team. We are looking for someone with well-developed communication skills and strong time management, who is capable in case management, and confident in their diagnostic and surgical abilities. With digital processor and other mod cons we understand the importance of good equipment.
We have a varied caseload which includes routine, preventative and some ECC care. We are predominantly first opinion but encourage vets
to follow up on their particular areas of interest and expertise. We take pride in providing excellent inpatient and client care. Case continuity is important to us as during your time at Hunt’s Vets you will build a great rapport with our wonderful clients.
- Full time is 36 hours per week and Saturday hours, worked over 4 days. We are happy to discuss a more flexible working pattern, or part-time to create the optimum work-life balance.
- Main Branch Poynton, Cheshire. With two other branches at Cheadle Hulme and Woodley.
- Shift times; 8.30am - 6pm or 9am - 6.30pm with a rota that can be very flexible if required.
- Saturdays are a maximum of 2 in 5. 8.30am - 4pm. With no Sundays
- There are no OOH’s or bank holidays to cover
All three of our sites are just a short distance from the centre of Manchester for those of you that like the hustle and bustle of the City, but also just a short journey out to the beautiful Peak District National Park. Geographically, a perfect location to lay down roots! We are really lucky to be based in a fantastic location!
The main branch at Poynton is a purpose-built building and is lovely and airy. The Woodley branch is a converted house with the practice based on the ground floor so no up and down stairs with big dogs! The Cheadle branch is a stand-alone consulting only branch and extremely busy. Hunt’s Veterinary Clinics first opened its doors in 1966 & although we were originally mixed practice we converted our clinics to cover small animal only in November 1997 and we’ve been caring for small animals ever since. We are an RCVS accredited small animal practice. Each site is furnished to a high specification so that our high standards of care are uniform across all three sites.
Fully Qualified Veterinary Surgeon (MRCVS) ideally with post graduate experience and comfortable with all routine procedures. Accommodation is also available and can be discussed further at interview stage.
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
When applying for this position please quote job reference BH3314.
Apply for Veterinary Surgeon
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly