Registered Veterinary Nurse
About the role
We are now recruiting for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our Walkden/Sale team. To be successful in this role, you will be passionate about providing high quality clinical care to all pets. You will provide an outstanding client experience and help to create and maintain an effi-cient clinic. The successful candidate will uphold and adhere to the White Cross Vets Principles both within the clinic and when representing White Cross Vets externally at all times.
Our nurses work over 5 week days, and a share of Saturdays – 37.5 hours in total, time given back for Saturday hours. No out of hours. The role is predominantly based at our Walkden practice but there will be a requirement to work at our nearby Sale practice (shared equally between the team) which is open Mon, Wed and Fri.
About the practice
Our Walkden practice is a large spacious practice over two floors with top facilities and equipment. Our Sale practice was opened in 2019 and is brand new/purpose built. Our practices are fully equipped with operating theatre, digital x-ray including digital dental x-ray, full in house IDEXX lab, ultrasound and BP monitor. We have 3 consulting rooms and separate cat and dog wards. The Walkden/Sale team has a diverse range of skills and interests, are all very supportive and and always eager to help each other out. The nursing team run regular weight clinics, cuddle clinics and senior clinics. We are passionate about serving our community and work with our local school children, to educate them on responsible pet ownership and work closely with the local charity Dogs 4 Rescue. Our Sale branch is due to be a Silver ISFM practice. We like to hold in house CPD as much as we can and get speakers into the practice to give us updates on new products. Our Senior Vet is about to finish a certificate in Dermatology.
We are looking for a highly motivated veterinary nurse who can thrive in our high-quality practice. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in UK / Small Animal practice
- RCVS registered
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
- Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Further team member benefits include:
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday including bank holidays
- 3 days paid CPD leave
- £550 CPD Allowance per annum
- Simply Heath Plan
- VDS Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Practice social events
- Opportunity for career development
- Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee well-being
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To apply, please contact Laura Collings via the apply button.