Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join our lovely small animal practice in Kings Heath, Birmingham. You will be providing high quality clinical care to
all pets and an outstanding client experience, helping to create and maintain an efficient clinic. There will be a mixture of general surgery
and consults each day with minimal sole charge. Working hours and
rota detailed below.
- 4 weekdays (8:00am-7:00pm)
- 1:4 Saturdays (8:00am-12:30pm) with time back in lieu given
- 40 hours per week (in total, inc. Saturday share)
- No OOH
Practices that truly look after their team members are hard to come by. That is where White Cross Vets stand out. Our super Kings Heath team are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join them. SPVS Well-being Award Winners 2017 and 2018, Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work For (6 years running!) As one of the top employers in the UK, we offer candidates an excellent package with the opportunity to enjoy a superb work/life balance. It is an excellent place to work, with a super team who love working with us, reflected in them voting for us to win numerous well-being and employer awards.
Our Kings Heath practice is situated in a popular area of south Birmingham with good access to the city centre and also the M5 & M6. Equipped with an ultrasound machine, digital x-ray (including digital dental x-ray). We hold a Bronze Cat Friendly status and work closely with Kings Heath Cat Club.
Kings Heath is a great team made up of 5 Vets, 6 RVNs and 3 VCAs who all work together to provide a high standard of care in a friendly and supportive environment. We are extremely supportive and always eager to help each other out. The practice is keen to encourage CPD events/ progression and learning development with two Medicine certificate holders and one Vet working towards their surgery/dental certificate.
We are looking for a highly motivated Veterinary Surgeon who can thrive in our high-quality practice. Confident and professional, you will be able to work with sole charge, if required. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly along-side our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
- Previous experience, ideally gained in a similar small animal practice setting
- Confident with most aspects of general surgery, dentals and dental x-rays.
- RCVS registered
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
- Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
- Generous holiday allowance
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
- Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Practice social events
- Opportunity for career development
- Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee well-being
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To apply, please contact Laura Collings via the apply button.