New Graduate Vet - Barnard Castle
Castle Veterinary Surgeons - 2021 New Graduate Programme - Small Animal Vet
Are you looking for a complete graduate programme, designed by experienced vets, which will fully support you in your first years in practice? Have an interest in Small Animals?
Castle Veterinary Surgeons, based in Co Durham are looking forward to welcoming a New or Recent Graduate Vet to join their extremely friendly and supportive team, working across both sites in Barnard Castle and St Helens practices.
The main surgery at Barnard Castle is in a lovely rural market town, however, close to good transport links and the cities of Durham and Newcastle. The Lake District is easily visited via a very scenic trip over the A66. We have a team of 8 very experienced vets supported by 6 RVN's and 4 PCA's
As well as enjoying our modern facilities, well equipped practice and a busy varied caseload, you will have access to a range of benefits and our tailor made New Graduate programme offering you the right support network in practice by ensuring you have an experienced clinical mentor working alongside you in your practice. In addition, you will attend dedicated Continued Professional Development (CPD) days, supporting the development of your clinical skills and non-clinical skills, including self-leadership, teamwork, wellbeing, resilience and business, whilst also providing the opportunity for you to share experiences with fellow graduates.
These are just some of the benefits of the programme:
- 3 paid weeks for summer camp before starting in practice
- Salary of £31,000 which increases to £33,500 at the end of year 1 and £36,500 at the end of year 2
- No financial tie-in beyond completion of the programme
- Professional memberships (RCVS & VDS)
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave with our Buy & Sell holiday scheme, plus bank holidays
- 10 CPD days a year covering both clinical and non-clinical skills and tailored to your clinical role, whether it be dedicated small animal, farm animal or mixed practice
- A committed and trained clinical buddy working alongside you in practice, with regular meetings to support your transition from student to qualified vet
- Workplace pension scheme
- Discounted pet treatments
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 365 days a year helpline to support you and your immediate family when you need it the most
- Performance bonus scheme
- Opportunity to enrol onto the country's first Advanced Clinical Practitioner (Veterinary) degree programme in conjunction with Nottingham Vet School – providing you with both a masters qualification and CertAVP
- Internal transfers – with a network of over 500 practices we can support you should you need to relocate
- Recommend a Friend: Financial bonus up to £1000!
This is what to do now - To make an informal enquiry please text Laura (Recruitment) on 0788 037 4377 or to apply straight away, please click Apply Now and upload your CV through our online portal where someone will contact you to help you with your application.
Vet / Veterinary Surgeon / Grad / New Graduate Vet