Head Vet - Newport
Head Vet – Pet Doctors Isle of Wight
Do you want the chance to work on the stunning Isle of Wight? Does the opportunity of working in a RCVS accredited Hospital sound appealing? Are you passionate about clinical excellence and have a desire to lead, whilst still having operational support within the team?
If the answer is yes to any of the above then look no further!
Here at Pet Doctors Isle of Wight HUB we have an exciting opportunity for a Head Small Animal Vet to join our team. We have the only RCVS accredited Hospital on the Isle of Wight allowing you to work on a diverse range of emergency and critical cases. Our hospital is supported by our 3 branches and is fully equipped with CT scanner, 6 anaesthetic stations, Laparoscopic kit, ECG, ultrasound, Digital X-ray, fibre optic endoscopes and a dental suite allowing our staff to consistently deliver high quality diagnostic and surgical patient care. We have a dedicated team of 14 vets, 13 nurses and 13 receptionists who as a team provide an excellent support network and pride themselves in delivering clinical excellence to all. We also value the success and development of our staff and fully support and encourage a diverse range of CPD opportunities aimed at developing the teams clinical interests including certificates with currently 3 colleagues studying towards cert in Medicine and Surgery.
This is a full time, permanent position with no out of hours. A fixed term contract would also be considered,
Check out our Facebook page to see what our team gets up to! https://www.facebook.com/PDIOW/
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary of up to £70000.00 dependant on your experience
- Achievable bonus scheme
- Accommodation available plus relocation package
- Funded ferry travel between the island and the mainland
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Buy/Sell holiday scheme – purchase another 2 weeks of annual leave
- Generously encouraged and fully funded CPD – abundant opportunities within the business aided by internal and external development courses and programmes
- Access to our ShareSave scheme – giving you the opportunity to purchase shares in our business
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Pension scheme – automatic enrolment and completely hassle free
- Colleague discount on pet products and treatments including free consults, cost price drugs and a discount to our online pharmacy, Animed.
- A range of other benefits such as Cycle to Work, Gymflex, Perkbox and more.
To make an application please click apply now
Head Vet/ Small Animal Vet / SA Vet / Veterinary Surgeon