Permanent Full/Part Time Veterinary Surgeon
We offer Autonomy, recognition & appreciation!
We are a growing small animal practice based outside Newton Abbot in Devon that offers its employees:
- Active involvement in the day to day management, direction and development of the practice
- Autonomy to make day-to-day decisions to improve systems, processes and client engagement.
- Continuity of patient and client care
- An alternative to the corporate ‘recipe’
- A steady pace with a well-managed diary and respected home times
- Regular team meetings and appraisals
- A wonderful team offering a smooth and organised day!
- Superb equipment – especially our flashy new ultrasound machine and hand held dental xray unit (aka ‘Nelly’)!
Molecare Vets may be small but our hearts are large. We believe that the whole team are responsible for the health of our patients. We strongly encourage our Pet Healthplan for preventative care and insurance for the unpredictable. We value a team that are honest, courageous, knowledgeable, and show commitment to caring for our clients, the patients and keeping harmony within the team.
The Position: Full/Part-time Veterinary Surgeon
We’re looking for an experienced (5 years +) Veterinary Surgeon who is confident to be in sole charge.
- The salary we are offering is dependent on experience and specialisms.
- £1,500 CPD allowance
- 6.5 weeks holiday
- 4 day week (3 if part-time)
- Weekend work includes Saturday 8.30-1pm only, this is a rota shared by the 4 vets.
- Outsourced out of hours giving you the night to rest
- A good pension, Life insurance, and extra company benefits
- 5 years + qualified
- Solid Surgical skills
- Experience of being in sole charge
- There is no ‘I’ in TEAM – We adopt a team approach to the care of our clients, patients and in ensuring the smooth running of the day. The vet team is made up of 4 vets with a 4 day week. We all help to ensure good client/patient care while allowing each other our days of rest. Working well together with good communication skills is key to this.
- Routine and emergency surgery
- As the Senior members of the practice, all vets are expected to have an active involvement in the direction and development of the practice, including helping to manage and effect these changes.
- Complaint Handling/managing difficult situations
- Working alongside the Vets, Head Nurse and Practice administrator to maintain the smooth running and clinical standards of the business
Why Should You Apply?
- We respect, appreciate and value our team member’s
- We know the importance of having autonomy - some control over your everyday life
- We are passionately independent, we manage our practice here, not in some remote head office
- We believe Veterinary care is changing and that our role is to build the collaborative bond between our vets, our client’s and their pets. You can be an instrumental part in this journey.
- We respect that everyone needs time to decompress and rest to be at their best. We don’t want to burn out any of our team members. So, we strive to be flexible and realistic in our time management with regular breaks from the operating and consulting diary to allow time to achieve the accompanying clinical administration and phone calls within the working day.
How to Apply
Please click the apply button to take you to our application site.
We look forward to hearing from you!