Lead Veterinary Surgeon - St Albans
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join our team at Medivet Notting Hill.
This role requires someone with at least 3 years' UK veterinary (or equivalent) experience, happy working a combination of multi-vet and sole charge. It would suit a confident Veterinary Surgeon with good GP experience and excellent client and communication skills.
This role will function in an environment where colleagues support each other, by sharing skills and knowledge, to give our patients the best outcomes. In return, we will provide strong mentorship, a fantastic package and the chance to be involved in cases using state-of-the-art technology. We provide all this whilst you continue to develop your career and get the most job satisfaction.
Salary, benefits and hours:
- This role works to a 39 hours a week over 4 days, 09:00-19:00
- 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
- You will have a fair share of bank holiday cover and minimal on call duties over the year, approx. 3 weeks on-call across the year, enabling the development of your ECC skills and experience
- Salary of up to £55,000, dependent on experience including housing allowance £12000 and vehicle or £2500 allowance.
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days CPD leave, and in-house CPD training and VDS, RCVS, BVA fees paid. 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities, Paid sabbatical after every five years’ service, Company discounts and reward scheme, Access to Employee Assistance Programme, Additional benefits, including 100% attendance scheme and ‘peternity’ leave.
Skills and experience:
- You must be a Veterinary Surgeon who is registered with the RCVS
- Proficiency in all neutering and basic soft tissue surgery, handling medical cases
- Excellent client communication
- Good team work skills
- Interest in imaging a bonus!
- Completing or completion of a certificate preferred, but not essential
Based in the highly sought out area of Central London, Medivet Notting Hill is a two vet clinic, although some sole charge will be required, equipped with X-ray (including dental x-ray), state of the art ultrasound, full blood machines and all the usual toys.
Our fantastic team is led by Branch Partner and Vet, Emma Nicholas plus additional Vet (that's you!) RVN, SVN, PCA and Office Administrator.
We also have a sister clinic, Medivet West Kensington, where you can work collaboratively as well as feeding into our 24-hr Kensington hospital for all out of hour care.