Assistant Veterinary Surgeon

Location
Whithorn, Galloway
Salary
Competitive salary depending on experience 
Posted
25 May 2021
Closes
25 Jul 2021
Category
Mixed
Sector
Practice
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full-time

Priory 1 [square] P4 [square]

Full-time Position for Assistant Veterinary Surgeon at Priory Veterinary Centre, Whithorn

An opportunity has arisen for a motivated, enthusiastic Assistant Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team based in Galloway.

p2 p3

The practice is based in the southwest of Scotland, an area renowned for having a mild climate and one of the earliest growing seasons in the country. This greatly supports the extensive dairy and livestock farming enterprises which are so well suited to the region and which in turn provides the bulk of the work undertaken by the practice. Around 80% of the practice work is large animal, the remaining 20% companion animal and equine. 

We are a 3 vet team and work in a welcoming, rural community in a well-established and independently run practice with a good reputation within our local area and beyond.

  • Mixed practice with 80/20 Large Animal/Small Animal split. TB Testing (4 year area).
  • Digital x-ray, Easiscan 4, In-house blood analyser, Small animal ultrasound scanner available for use
  • Daily small animal surgery
  • Full time - 5 day week
  • 1 in 3 on call rota
  • Must be comfortable working sole charge when on-call and have an outgoing and positive attitude
  • CPD Allowance
  • RCVS & VDS fees paid 
  • Competitive salary depending on experience 
  • Housing allowance 
  • Vehicle & phone provided 
  • 28 days annual leave 
  • Company Pension

Please apply to David Campion at Priory Veterinary Centre, 3 St John Street, Whithorn, Newton Stewart DG8 8PD, Tel: 01988 500356, or email via the apply button.

 

Similar jobs

Similar jobs