Head Registered Veterinary Nurse - Canterbury
Looking for the opportunity to lead a team of highly trained nurses? Fully equipped RCVS accredited hospital sound good?
Then read on!
Here at Barton Veterinary Hospital & Surgery in Canterbury we have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate Head Veterinary Nurse to join are team! We are a RCVS accredited Veterinary Hospital that is fantastically well equipped, including facilities such as CT, Laparoscopy, Endoscopy, Ultrasound and Radioiodine treatment suite. We are a progressive first opinion practice that takes referrals in certain disciplines. Your new role would be leading and supporting our 10 strong Nursing team. We all have different interests and skills and are encouraged to pursue these, with rotas being worked around strengths and preferred areas of veterinary nursing. Our Vets also have varying skills and interests including Specialist in Cardiology and Advanced Practitioners in Surgery and Diagnostic Imaging, this means we get to see a range of interesting cases and no two days are ever the same!
In your new role as our Head Veterinary Nurse you will be leading our team of highly trained nurses. Managing the nursing team will include carrying out one to ones, arranging nurses rotas, staff holiday rota and organising cover as required. You will also be involved in practice meetings with management staff, monthly regional meetings and work alongside our CD and PM in leading the nursing team.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week with shifts between the hours of 08:00 and 19:00 and a fair share in the weekend rota. We don't cover our own OOH as we have a dedicated OOH team and we focus heavily on good work life balance within our team.
Our ideal Head Veterinary Nurse will have previous experience in a similar role.
As our newest team member you will also receive the following benefits:
- A competitive salary that is negotiable dependant on your experience
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays with our Buy/Sell holiday scheme - allowing you to purchase an additional two weeks of annual leave
- Fully encouraged and generously funded CPD
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- VDS and RCVS fees covered
- Employee assistance programme
- Excellent colleague discount on pet treatments and products, including free consults
- Opportunity to join our industry leading ShareSave scheme and share in the success of our business
- A range of other flexible benefits such as Cycle to Work, Gymflex and more!
Curious to learn more? Please apply now including both your CV and covering letter within your application. For an informal chat about the role please call / text Sian in the recruitment team on 07747 761590
Head Veterinary Nurse / Registered Veterinary Nurse / Qualified Veterinary Nurse / HVN / RVN / QVN /DHRVN