Veterinary Surgeon required at Stamford Vets, Stamford.
Here at Stamford Vets we are looking to welcome a small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join our fantastic team, on a part time basis.
The role will involve a mixture of consulting and theatre.
- Part time vacancy
- 2 or 3 days per week.
- On call rota is 1 in 6 weekends (Friday/Saturday & Sunday) with a Saturday 8.30 am - 12.30 pm clinic which is assisted by a RVN and receptionist.
We are a first opinion and cardiology referral practice in the pretty market town of Stamford, Lincolnshire. We are surrounded by gorgeous country-side and good access to A1, with Rutland Water only 4 miles down the road.
You will be joining a progressive team of 5 vets (including a RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Small Animal Cardiology and another studying towards the certificate in Internal Medicine ), 8 nurses & 8 support staff who are proud to offer our clients a high standard of clinical expertise and patient care.
Our aim is to offer a good work/life balance in a friendly, relaxed working atmosphere. We are well equipped with excellent equipment and facili-ties such as two operating theatres, separate hospitalisation areas for cats and dogs (we are an accredited Silver ISFM practice), digital radio-graphy, endoscopy, advanced Doppler ultrasound, Holter monitor, tonometer, diamond burr and other dedicated ophthalmic equipment, multi-parameter units, in house laboratory and more.
Career development is encouraged and supported.
We are looking to welcome a Surgeon who feels confident with all first opinion procedures although we can offer some support with more advanced surgeries. You will be keen to deliver a positive client experience and high standards of care.
Benefits (Subject to pro rata)
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee well-being
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
When applying for this position please quote job reference BH2062.
To apply, please email your CV to Amy via the apply button or call 07856426902 for more information.