Head Equine Veterinary Nurse - Maidstone
HEAD EQUINE VETERINARY NURSE VACANCY
Bell Equine, located in the heart of Kent, is a busy, expanding, equine only veterinary practice. We currently employ 23 veterinary surgeons across our hospital and ambulatory services. We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse to lead our nursing team. This includes 5 registered nurses, 3 student nurses and 4 Patient Care Assistants. Bell Equine is a Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) accredited practice – assessed to be outstanding in all areas.
The successful applicant will need to be able to work different shifts between 8am and 5.30pm – this is ideally a full time role, but consideration will be given to part time hours for the right candidate. OOH work is also negotiable. Salary dependant on experience.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable for leading the nursing team, working closely with the head of the hospital and practice manager
- Responsible and accountable for all aspects of nursing team management; including recruitment, selection, development, appraisals, absence reporting and rotas
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the hospital, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Clinical Coaching and support of student nurses (training not essential and can be provided)
You will be an experienced veterinary nurse who can competently handle horses of all ages, size and breeds. You will have excellent attention to detail, be passionate about animal care and welfare standards, as well as providing best client care and experience. You will be a positive team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions and be self-motivated in planning and organisation. You are friendly and down-to-earth and have a genuine passion for your team and the veterinary industry. Previous experience in a leadership role would be ideal but a desire to develop new skills is just as important.
For an informal chat about the role and our fabulous, hardworking, cake loving, team please call 01622 813700 and leave a message for Ruth, our current head nurse, to contact you or email Ruth directly - Ruth.firstname.lastname@example.org
To make an application please click apply now
Closing date for applications 7th April 2021