Principal Investigator - Mycobacteria Group
The Moredun Group is seeking a Principal Investigator to join the Moredun Research Institute.
You will perform novel research on Mycobacterial diseases of UK livestock, principally Johne’s disease. You will be required to develop, maintain and manage a group working on research to control this disease from a variety of approaches.
You will have:
- A PhD in Microbiology/Bacteriology
- Experience in research on Mycobacteria and a substantial record of publications in this area
- Experience of writing and securing substantial external funding
- Project management skills
- Experience in managing and mentoring of both staff and students.
- A willingness to hold Personal and Project Home Office Licences.
How to apply
To apply, please click the apply button.
In addition to access to training and development opportunities, you will access to:
- Competitive pension scheme – a minimum contribution of 5% and Moredun contributing a maximum of 15%.
- Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
- Flexi-time system
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 7 days public holidays and a privilege day
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers
- On site café.
The Moredun Group operates a number of policies including access to a family healthcare scheme and flexible working arrangements. We are also proud to have a Gold Award for Healthy Working Lives and work hard to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment, respecting equality, diversity, and encouraging good relations. We welcome applications from people irrespective of their age, sex, religion or belief, race, disability or sexual orientation.