Senior Emergency Veterinarian
Located in the North Ryde suburb of beautiful Sydney and as Australia’s largest and most distinguished animal referral and emergency hospital, over the past 14 years, SASH has developed a reputation that is globally renowned, attracting the top talent across all veterinary fields, offering a true multi-disciplinary approach to cases. We offer a wide range of clinical specialties including ophthalmology, internal medicine, neurology, surgery, sports medicine and rehabilitation, oncology, dermatology, radiology, anaesthesia and exotics. The hospital offers a 24-hour intensive care unit staffed with 3 experienced Criticalists alongside a team of dedicated Emergency Vets and Nurses. SASH sees a huge variety of critical cases each day, providing extensive exposure to learning opportunities for the team.
Senior Emergency Vet:
Our emergency medicine department is rapidly growing, and we are looking for an experienced emergency vet to work alongside our Criticalists to lead, mentor and support our emergency department. This role will be heavily involved in the day-to-day management of the emergency vet team as well as working alongside our Head of Service and Nurse Unit Manager to shape the strategic direction of the department. With a new 600m2 ECC facility under construction this is a truly exciting time to be a part of SASH and our emergency medicine team.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about care and who shares our vision for a working environment where we all collaborate on patient care.
- Commitment to referring veterinarians and pet owners receiving personal and attentive service.
- 5 years clinical experience and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Willingness to undertake further training and education in Leadership and Management.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH.
- Enjoys working with cutting edge technology as well as helping to further advance the specialty.
What we can offer you:
You will be joining a dedicated and supportive team of professionals, committed to providing nothing but the best care to our patients and their families. SASH is fully equipped with the latest technology and an extensive team of Specialists working as a team to achieve the best outcomes for our patients.
- A great learning environment with a team that loves to share knowledge and experience.
- Very generous remuneration package.
- 24-hour clinical support.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Continuing education allowance included in a competitive salary package.
- Staff discounts and social events.
- Free onsite parking and close to public transport.
- Study group and support for those interested in MANCVSc examinations.
If you are interested in the prospect of leading a great team with plenty of support at all times from other vets and nurses in a hospital with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, this is the role for you.
We are ideally looking for this position to start March 2021.
Please send your application along with any questions, quoting Reference No: SECCV/21 Attention Matthew Lacey, to email: email@example.com