Experienced Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon - Stockport, Manchester
Surgery Information/Job Description
Both full and part time considered to include 1 in 3 weekends
(Sat and Sun)
At Vets4Pets Stockport we are looking to expand our current team due to the continued rapid growth of the practice. We are looking to employ two new experienced veterinary surgeons and would consider both full time and part time roles. We are a thriving and well-respected practice with high clinical standards and a large bonded client based, established since 2001. We are situated with fantastic transport links from all directions.
Stockport Vets4Pets will offer…
- A friendly and experienced team of 10 vets (2 JVPS), 12 RVNs
(1 JVP), 1 practice manager (JVP) and 17 support staff.
- A practice with low staff turnover
- 15-minute appointments as standard, longer for second opinion or complicated cases
- A modern air conditioned, large in store practice with an imminent expansion planned to allow for the increasing workload and colleague numbers.
- All the equipment of a first opinion modern practice including digital x-ray, ultrasound, multiparameter, blood pressure machine, (endoscopy and diathermy planned post expansion)
- An enthusiastic team and encouragement to work up all cases to a high level with support from colleagues when needed. The luxury of always having 6 vets per day to discuss cases. No sole charge at all.
- We have junior vets within the team and encourage mentoring and support. We are also a nurse training practice.
- Flexible rota with plenty of days off to allow a healthy work-life balance.
- No OOH and a very good relationship with our local OOH provider who are only 5 minutes away.
- 1 in 3 weekends, shorter days than in the week and always 4 vets on duty.
- CPD supported and encouraged for the entire team.
- Visiting orthopaedic, soft tissue, cardiology and imaging specialists meaning very few cases need to be referred, we have a very varied and high case load.
- Agreements with local practices for out-patient CT scans when needed meaning you can have the advanced imaging and not have to refer the case.
- An expansion in the pipeline to provide a spacious and comfortable colleague area away from the hustle and bustle of the day; expand and upgrade the clinical areas and kennelling; increase the consult rooms from 4 to 7 to allow space for all colleagues to work effectively.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced veterinary surgeon who enjoys a busy and varied case load. They must be a team player and enjoy working cases up to a high level and provide a high standard of both patient and customer care. We are looking for a vet who is able and confident with all routine surgeries and first opinion consults; certificate holders also encouraged to join the team.
In return for dedication and hard work we offer a long list of benefits and are one of the only Vets4Pets surgeries who off tier 5 benefits to all employees.
- Funded CPD including certificates
- A day off for your birthday, moving to a new house, child’s first day at school.
- Membership fees paid for [VDS/ RCVS/BVA]
- 6.6 weeks holiday pro rata including bank holidays.
- Exclusive group discounts including 20% across the Pets at Home Group.
To apply, please click the apply button.