Head Veterinary Surgeon (Maternity Cover) - Edinburgh
We are seeking an enthusiastic small animal vet to join our friendly team as Head Vet on a Maternity cover fixed term contract. You will work alongside our experienced colleagues, with a dedicated nursing team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role and be confident with routine surgery and consults and leading a team. We are a busy small animal first opinion and ophthalmology referral practice with excellent facilities.
We are located in the vibrant city of Edinburgh with great motorway links and a few miles from Edinburgh International airport. This is a full time role of 35 hours per week, over 3.5 days, with 1 in 5 Saturday mornings. We could also look at increasing the hours and offering a 4-day week, with 1 in 5 Saturday mornings, for the right candidate.
Our rewards package includes (subject to pro rata):
- Attractive salary and bonus scheme
- Pension, Sharesave and staff discount schemes
- Up to 7 weeks holiday a year + Bank Holidays with our buy and sell holiday scheme
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- CVS support and training, CPD budget, certificates supported
- Industry leading enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave benefit
- Access to Perkbox offering Entertainment, Travel and Retail discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme – our people are our strongest asset
- Access to a range of flexible benefits to suit your needs – such as subsidised gym membership, and cycle to work scheme
For an informal chat about this role text/call Lisa on 07901 223 740 or to submit an online application, click Apply Now