Exciting Small Animal Vet position in Hong Kong
Exciting opportunity for a Small Animal Clinician at Tai Wai Small Animal & Exotic Hospital in Hong Kong (day vet)
A unique opportunity has arisen to join our progressive and busy 24-hour hospital, aiming to provide the highest standards of care for our patients. Our caseload is 50% dog & cats and 50% exotics, with a team of 10 full-time vets.
We are a long established and well-known veterinary hospital in a traditional area of Hong Kong, providing high standards of patients care with our great team of vets, vet nurses and vet assistants, a dedicated night team, a triple boarded specialist in exotics and 4 certificate holders.
Our exceptional facilities provide advanced diagnostics and treatment for all species, including on-site CT, several endoscopes, laparoscopic surgery, full IDEXX lab suite and Abaxis machine, IM3 dental x-rays, and dedicated small animal and exotic ICU units.
We are close to the sea, mountains and country parks, yet only a short drive to exciting Central district, packed with skyscrapers and modern shopping malls. Outside the bustling city centre, there are also stunning hiking trails with lush vegetation, country parks, beaches and several outlying islands waiting to be explored. Hong Kong boasts an amazing food culture, with countless options varying from refined Michelin star restaurants to charming local street food stalls. Hong Kong is also one of the safest cities in the world to live, and is performing extremely well with the COVID-19 crisis, having had a very small number of cases and a very effective testing and quarantine system in place.
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be an experienced small animal clinician with (or who wants to work towards) a certificate in Small Animal Medicine. We are seeking a good team player with great communication skills, who takes pride in delivering the best possible care for his patients.
- 5-day work week
- A base salary of £70,000 per year (with production bonus on top, our vets usually earn a total salary between £110,000 and £160,000 per year)
- Hong Kong’s low tax rate of 17%
- Veterinary Surgeons Board registration fee and HKVA and VIN subscription fees paid
- Support with work VISA application and bank account opening
- 1st month accommodation paid
- Generous CPD allowance, including two weeks CPD leave with an allowance of around £1500 per year.
- Annual leave of 4 weeks plus 12 days public holidays
- A team of experienced Vets, Vet Assistants, Vet Nurses and a supportive Administrative Team
You can learn more about us and our team at www.taiwaiexotic.com
For registration to the Veterinary Surgeons Board we need graduates to be UK, USA, Australian, New Zealand or South African graduates (see Universities listed in Hong Kong VSB’s Schedule 1 or 2). For European graduates please check on the VSB website for more information.
Please send your CV and a letter of application via the apply button.