Small Animal Head Veterinary Nurse, Sheffield
Springfield Veterinary Group are looking for a Head Nurse to join our team based at our Crystal Peaks Branch. You will be working alongside the Hub Senior Vet to co-ordinate the team, which includes 9 other vets, 4 RVNs, 3 SVNs, 2 PCAs and 9 receptionists. Our Hub consists of 3 first opinion branches with Crystal Peaks also taking referral cardiology cases. We are a friendly team aiming to deliver a high standard of patient and client care.
This is a full time role initially to cover Maternity Leave for 12 months, with a view to a longer-term role. You will be working 40 hours per week, with approximately 40% of the role being management and 60% clinical nursing. It is a 1 in 6 Saturday rota, with no night shifts or on call work. There is the potential for occasional weekend work in the future. We share the Bank Holidays with the whole nursing staff throughout Springfield, working approximately 1 Bank Holiday shift at our main hospital every other year.
The role would suit a confident, experienced veterinary nurse. Previous experience of leading a team would be an advantage but we welcome applicants wanting to take the next step in their career. Your job will include maintaining high standards within the practice and managing the nursing team, including overseeing clinical coaching.
We are offering an attractive salary, commensurate with experience, plus the following generous package:
- Up to 7 weeks holiday + bank holidays (with our buy & sell holiday scheme)
- Industry leading enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Fantastic pension scheme - auto enrolment and hassle free!
- Fully encouraged and generously funded CPD
- All professional fees paid
- Colleague discounts on pet products and treatments
- Access to our Sharesave scheme, allowing you to buy shares in the business to share in our success
- A range of other flexible benefits such as Cycle to Work, Gymflex, Perkbox and more!
To apply for this fantastic role please click Apply Now and upload your CV and covering letter
Veterinary Nurse / Head Nurse / Springfield