Small Animal Vet, Maidenhead
Experienced Veterinary Surgeon required at Summerleaze Veterinary Hospital, Berkshire
Are you an experienced vet who enjoys the challenge of complex medical cases, but are also surgically confident? Are you currently completing an advanced certificate or are keen to complete one?
Summerleaze Veterinary Hospital is a long established, purpose built practice based in Maidenhead, Berkshire providing 24hr care. Our practice is well equipped with great in house facilities including digital xray, laboratory, flexible endoscope (gastroscope + bronchoscope), rigid endoscope, ultrasound and laparoscopy equipment to allow for a range of advanced surgical and medical procedures.
We have an amazing team of vets, nurses and support staff, many of who have gained advanced certificates or are currently studying towards them (surgery, medicine, ophthalmology, cardiology) and we are seeking a new team member to join us!
As a practice, our ethos is not only about providing great patient and client care, but also providing staff with an environment in which they can develop and progress in their chosen area of interest.
We are a Surrey university partner practice, so we are seeking applicants who have excellent communication skills and who demonstrate a desire to inspire and mentor students and less experienced veterinary surgeons.
Being part of a team, sharing knowledge and experience is as important to us as having great clinical skill. Time is allocated each day for vets to discuss cases, and to share their knowledge.
Our out hours care is supported by our own Minight team, meaning that there is minimal OOH shifts. Our vets work a 4 day week rota + share of Saturdays and Bank Holidays allowing for social and family time as well as work!
Other benefits of the position include:
- Annual Salary £38,400-£49,800
- Advanced certificate support and funding
- Profit-sharing bonus scheme
- 5 weeks annual leave + bank holidays
- Buy/Sell holiday scheme – allowing you to purchase an extra 2 weeks of annual leave
- Access to our ShareSave scheme – allowing you purchase shares in the business
- Company pension scheme
- All professional fees covered (RCVS and VDS)
- Colleague discount on pet treatments and products
- A range of other flexible benefits such as Cycle to Work Scheme, Gymflex, Perkbox and more.
To make an application please click 'apply now' or for more information please email email@example.com