Small Animal A&E Veterinarian
7 days left
- Veterinary Surgeon
This year, life changed in a way that we couldn’t have even imagined 12 months ago. Here in NZ we are fortunate that our day to day living is relatively unaffected; there has never been a better time to consider a move down under. We have just had a full time position become available on our A&E service that provides a unique opportunity to progress your veterinary career working as part of a fantastic team while travelling to and around NZ /Aotearoa.
Our dedicated A&E service has been open since 2017 as an after hours only service, but recently extended our opening hours to 24 hours/7days. With us, you will be providing emergency services from a large specialist/
referral hospital in Sylvia Park, central/east Auckland. You will see a wide spectrum of clients, and you’ll have everything you will need to offer an excellent standard of veterinary care – a great workplace culture with like-minded colleagues, lots of toys, and support/consultation from your senior veterinary, specialist and management teams.
Why Join Our Team?
- Your caseload will be varied and interesting with a diverse range of clients - no two days are the same.
- You’ll have a personalised approach to training and your ongoing professional development, with a focus on individual mentorship with access to a great network of specialist skills as well as external
- CPD when the opportunity arises.
- You’ll receive professional and personal support to become the best vet you can be, with proactive collegial communication and enrolment in the Lincoln Leading Edge and Emerging Leaders programmes.
- You’ll enjoy work life balance with a regular, predictable roster with decent time off to enjoy our beautiful country.
- You’ll get all of these things, and you’ll be paid well for it.
What About You?
- You’ll need to have a Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent and be registered (or able to be registered) as a veterinarian in NZ. Please see the New Zealand Veterinary Council website for more information on your eligibility.
- You’ll ideally have at least 2 years of clinical experience but confident less experienced applicants will absolutely be considered; you do not need emergency experience, but you should have a desire to build your skills in the area of emergency work.
- You should enjoy working collaboratively with your hospital team, your clients, and your referring vets to provide excellent clinical care alongside a positive hospital experience for your owners.
If you are looking for the opportunity to step your career up to the next level in a clinic with a professional but fun and supportive culture, we would love to hear from you.
We are happy to assist with work visas for the right applicant. Due to a shortage of veterinarians in NZ, our government is currently providing assistance with fast tracking the application process which we can assist with.
Relocation assistance is also available - just ask for information about this. Visit our website on https://vsahospital.co.nz/emergency and have a tour through our clinic by following this link: VSA hospital video.
How to Apply / Contact
For more information or to discuss this opportunity in confidence, please contact Dr Rosemary Price via the apply button.
M: +64 21 476733.
Apply for Small Animal A&E Veterinarian
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly