ECC Night Veterinary Surgeon | 100% Small Animal | Not for Profit | Yorkshire
Are you an experienced ECC Vet Surgeon looking to work in the not for profit veterinary sector?
If so, our client has an outstanding opportunity for those wishing to pursue a career in ECC work and this role could be for you:
Our client is launching a new 24/7 service covering a number of their practices in the Wakefield area.
As such they are looking for additional veterinary surgeons to run the service with a mixture of new emergency cases and ongoing inpatient care being provided. This is a great opportunity for someone who not only wants to develop as a vet but also wants to be instrumental in sculpting a not-for-profit 24/7 service for the people and pets of Yorkshire.
The surgeries are very fast paced meaning the caseload changes on a daily basis.
The surgeries are well equipped with the latest industry-standard technology, meaning your working environment will provide you with an exceptional set of toys including;
- advanced ultrasound and
- advanced orthopaedic services.
In an increasingly corporate market, our client has a refreshing attitude with a flat management structure, where your voice will be heard and your opinions valued as they work collaboratively to provide a unique service to their employees and the animals they care for.
- Salary up to £62,000 Depending on experience
- 7 on 7 off rota pattern initially (moving to 7 on 14 off once the ECC team is up to 3 Surgeons
- £Flexible CPD allowance per annum / study leave with flexibility to extend
- Certificates/part certificates supported
- Medical Insurance
- Workplace pension
- Fees paid (RCVS and VDS)
- Numerous additional in work benefits
- Support with accommodation can be provided
To be successful in this role you’ll have a social heart, be highly skilled and keen to progress your technical capability. You may already be an experienced vet, but it's important that you’re a real team player that enjoys the buzz that comes from working in a fast paced and busy environment.
You’ll share the vision for working within a not-for-profit environment and you’ll be keen to work as part of a highly skilled and experienced team and commit to providing the highest standard of care to owners and their pets.
- Excellent technical capability
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with clients during stressful and upsetting situations
- Strong organisation skills, open, honest and trustworthy
To be considered as an experienced Vet Surgeon you’ll be:
- RCVS registered
- At least 2 years’ UK experience, ideally in an ECC role however this is not essential. you’ll have experience of working in a busy 1st opinion small animal practice and comfortable performing the basic surgery aligned with ECC work.
This role is advertised by Global Veterinary Careers who operate as an employment business and emplacement agency. We have a growing number of 1st opinion and specialist roles worldwide, should you be interested in a more detailed conversation in how we can support you, please get in touch!