Vet Surgeon | 100% Small Animal | Staffordshire
Are you comfortable with most of the things general practice can throw your way? Do you have a keen interest in exotics? If so, then read on, our client may just have just the role for you:
Our client operates a friendly group of practices across 5 sites, which comprises of 15 Vets (7 are certificate holders that have all complete their certs through this practice), 21 Nurses and ample support staff. The practice is well equipped with the following:
- Digital X Ray
- In house bloods
- New ECG
- Keyhole surgery at the main site
Their growing practice is looking for an enthusiastic Vet Surgeon to join their team on a full time basis. Applicants can be Stafford / surrounds based or be able to commute from the surrounding area. Those from outside the area looking to relocate are also encouraged to apply.
- Up to £50,000 Depending on experience
- £1500 CPD allowance per annum / study leave
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday off!
- Workplace pension
- Accommodation can be provided short term if needed
- Fees paid (RCVS/BVA/BVS)
- 4 day working week
- 1:3 weekends (Saturday or Sunday only with time off in lieu)
- 1 late shift (2-11pm) every 3 weeks to deal with inpatients – OHH goes over to service provider at 10pm
Your role will include a broad range of qualified veterinary skills, including routine 1st opinion surgery and consults. There is an opportunity for those that have an interest in exotics to get involved if you have prior experience or keenness to develop this field, although not essential to the role. Potentially this could involve up to 30% of your daily caseload if desired. The role will involve 2 days at the main site and 2 days at branch, either consulting or operating.
To be considered as an experienced Senior Vet Surgeon you’ll be:
- RCVS registered
- At least 3 years’ experience, you’ll have experience of working in a busy 1st opinion small animal practice and comfortable performing the basic surgery, spays, castrates, c- sections etc. You will be able to build relationships with your clients and colleagues with ease, embrace transparency. Certificates are actively supported, whether you are looking to start or part way through.
Global Veterinary Careers operate in the capacity of an employment business and employment agency, providing support to veterinary professionals worldwide.