Surgeon and Clinical Tutor
Founded in 1994, NPIMR is today one of the UK’s leading charity-based independent Medical Research Institutes working to translate ground-breaking pre-clinical Medical Research rapidly into patient care. By
maintaining our own top-rate research facilities and providing excellence in surgical training, we ensure the highest standard of science for translation into the clinic. We have recently undertaken a significant refurbishment and we are now undertaking a change management programme to ensure that we are fit for purpose and commercially viable for the next 5 years. We hope the planned changes will allow us to continue the transformation into a leading institute for surgical training, as well as expanding our clinical research.
- Devise, develop and deliver surgery and clinical skills curriculums for undergraduate and post graduate medical students. The post holder will also be responsible for course and curriculum evaluation as well as liaising and supporting clients who run courses.
- Carry out surgery or anaesthesia to support pre-clinical contract research as well as train and support other staff who may be carrying out surgery.
- Demonstrable experience in large animal surgery (pigs and sheep) as well as small animals
- Skills in designing and implementing curriculum and delivering training
- An understanding of procedures required for running pre-clinical studies
- Knowledge of basic gross pathology.
- A Home Office personal licence and be fully conversant with theatre procedure, sterile and aseptic techniques, advanced surgical techniques in experimental models and GLP
- A minimum of 2 years'’ experience in anaesthesia
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and good technologic skills
For more information on the vacancy please find attached the Surgeon and Clinical Tutor recruitment brief.
Northwick Park Institute for Medical Research, Northwick Park and St Marks’ Hospital Watford Road, Harrow HA1 3UJ
Please send your CV and covering letter via the apply button.
Please contact Claudia Bookey in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or queries.
Closing date: 9 am Monday 22 July 2019
Interview date: Monday 5 August 2019