Small Animal Vet
Small Animal Vet, Southampton
We have a great opportunity for a small animal vet on the sunny south coast. Due to our long-standing, vet relocating, we are looking for a small animal vet to join the team. Experience is an advantage but not essential and we will consider both full-time and part-time working patterns as we have great flexibility within the existing team.
This practice falls under the umbrella of the ‘Southampton Hub'; 5 sites in Chandlers Ford, Shirley, Southampton, Botley and Hamble working together, so whilst you will be work predominantly at 1 site and have the opportunity to build up your own client base, you also have the support of 7 other vets when you need it.
Our loyal, local clients love the personal service we offer and you will be working with a fantastic support team of experienced RVN's, PCA's and dedicated receptionists. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who relishes the challenge of growing the practice on the solid foundation that has been established.
Our practice ethos is one of passion and compassion. But do we live by it? Decide for yourself….
- Our clinical leaders have a passion for clinical standards that is infectious. We take clinical governance seriously! We are always looking for ways to improve the patient and customer experience, so we ask for and act on client feedback.
- We know equipment makes your life easier so we have digital x-ray and multi-parameters monitors.
- We encourage everyone to develop themselves professionally, no matter what stage you are at in your career. CPD is actively encouraged and funded.
- We are passionate about helping those in need, so we helped to set up StreetVet Southampton, which is based at our Brook House site. Want to volunteer? We can adjust your rota to make this happen.
- We know that vets and nurses work hard so we do all we can to provide a rota that gives good work: life balance. We will ensure you receive both a half day and an early finish every week so that you can do your own thing in the evenings. You will have a 3 day weekend after working a Saturday
- We do pro bono work for Street Vet regularly and will always treat stray animals brought in to us.
Further details about the role:
- Very competitive salary, 31 – 66k depending on your level of experience.
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy a further 2 weeks.
- No OOH or Sunday consulting.
- Generous CPD allowance, with certificate study genuinely encouraged and funded.
- Great personal productivity and practice bonus schemes.
- Access to Perkbox.
- Cycle to work and share-save scheme.
- Staff discount for your pets.
We are very happy for you to speak informally to our team. Give us a call to find out more on 02380228570.