Equine Vet Surgeon - Full time (Buckinghamshire)
I am working with an extremely well established mixed practice in Aylesbury who work with companion animals, exotics, canine hydrotherapy, and also have an equine clinic. The practice are a long-established friendly and busy mixed independent practice in the rural Chilterns with 16 vets and 19 nurses. There are separate SA and equine teams, but need a candidate for their Equine department and assist in looking after our lovely clients consisting of Shetlands to Shires and Happy Hackers to Competition horses!!
The standard working week is five days plus a maximum 1 in 4 (currently 1 in 5) on call rota. Two days off are given for each weekend worked. We cover a reasonable area so that you do not sit in traffic all day although the local scenery is beautiful – lovely countryside but within easy reach of London and other big cities.
The Ideal Candidate:
A minimum of two years’ experience is preferred - along with a devout passion for providing gold standard care.
- Starting salary we would offer is £35,000 - £45,000 per annum inclusive of housing allowance. In addition to this you would receive payments for out of hours work.
- A car and mobile phone provided for work plus uniform.
- The starting holiday entitlement is 23 days per annum plus Bank Holidays and we give additional ‘free holiday’ over the Christmas and New Year period.
- Lunch provided daily and have staff kennels to enable you to bring your dog to work.
- Fantastic team spirit and supportive, positive working environment in the practice.
- Flagship practice for the BVAs Good Workplace Working Group and their Vet Led Team taskforce and we were lucky enough to be a finalist in the Pet Plan Practice of the Year award this year.
- Private medical cover and a CPD budget of £1200 & 5 days per year (currently £800 & 5 days).
- Day off for your birthday!
To hear more about this fantastic opportunity, please contact Kennedy on 01904 570056 or send your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all our vacancies, please visit www.purosearch.com