Full Time 100% Equine Vet
Full-time 100% equine vet required for friendly, ambulatory practice on the Isle of Wight.
Join a supportive team environment providing high quality care to patients, whilst ensuring an excellent work/life balance. Mainly ambulatory, but with stocks, hard trot up and ménage at local livery yard when required. Caseload is mainly pleasure horses and sport horses, with some FEI riders as well 100 donkeys at the Isle of Wight Donkey Sanctuary. Existing team includes 2 certificate holders plus an RCVS advanced practitioner in equine medicine.
We value our staff and believe that the best care is given by vets that are happy in their work so package can be tailored to suit individual’s needs. Position would suit enthusiastic new grad, a more experienced vet looking to work towards a certificate or a parent looking for a job that allows professional satisfaction as well as time at home with the family.
The island measures 23 miles by 12 miles meaning short journeys between calls and out of hours leaving time to take advantage of the amazing outdoor pursuits the island has to offer riding, sailing, surfing, cycling, walking …
The practice continues to invest in both staff and equipment with a generous CPD allowance and modern equipment including digital ultrasound, DR x-ray system, endoscope, motorised dental tools etc.
Originally the practice was a branch of The Liphook Equine Hospital but became independent in 2012. We retain close ties with Liphook, and their European specialists visit regularly for referral opinions or standing surgeries allowing you to stay involved in referral work ups.
- 3 vet practice, currently has 2 certificate holders plus an RCVS advanced practitioner in Equine Medicine
- £1,500 CPD allowance, plus in house CPD and further study towards a certificate supported and encouraged
- Day off in lieu after a weekend on call
- Minimum of 23 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Private medical plan, Company car (if desired,) i-phone, surface-pro laptop and uniform provided
- VDS cover included
- 8.30 am start, 5.30 pm finish
- Performance related bonus plus £10 bonus for every OOH call.
- 1:3 weekend rota, with quiet OOH covering small geographical area
Part time position also considered.
For full details of the role and information about the island please call Kate on 07801 815970.
Please apply with CV by clicking the apply button.