First Opinion Veterinary Surgeon
- Stoke-on-Trent and the Staffordshire Moorlands
- Generous salary, CPD and professional membership package
- Lime Trees Vets
At Lime Trees, we are on the lookout for an additional vet to join our first opinion team. We have the support, facilities and the motivated owners enabling us to deliver a superb standard of care to Staffordshire’s pets.
We are looking for a forward thinking vet who will thrive within our team; whose ethos is quality not quantity. We want you to enjoy building relationships with our clients and their pets and be confident in explaining the value of your diagnostic and treatment recommendations.
Independent Tier 3 Hospital (Meir Park) and Tier 2 Clinic (Cheadle). Current clinical team of four first opinion and three referral vets, working alongside 13 RVNs, 2 SVNs and 2 VCAs.
First opinion case continuity is encouraged but referral colleagues are always on hand to help. We have all the equipment you’d expect from a hospital and stand-alone clinic, including fortnightly access to MRI or CT. From July, Lime Trees will host Final Year students from the University of Surrey as part of their rotations.
Meir Park is located just off the A50 on the outskirts of Stoke-on-Trent, an ideal location with both city life and idyllic countryside just a stone’s throw away and linking easily to the M6 or M1. Cheadle is just 10 minutes from the hospital in the beautiful Staffordshire Moorlands.
The Nitty Gritty
- Average 44 hour week, with late starts and early finishes. 1:3 Saturdays until lunchtime
- Average one day per week sole charge at the Cheadle clinic
- 15 and 30 minute appointments giving the time you need to be a great vet to your patients and clients
- No OOH duties and a close relationship with our skilled OOH provider. In-house hospitalisation and 24/7 care means our team and our clients can sleep at night!
- A generous salary reflecting your experience, a substantial CPD budget and RCVS/VDS/BVA/BSAVA fees paid
Still reading? We asked our vets what they liked most about working here:
- The rota, late and early shifts mean time off for hobbies, exercise and life admin.
- ‘Monty Awards’ are great, they make me smile every month. (These are awards given between colleagues to recognise their going the extra mile).
- More CPD than you can shake a stick at! A genuine thirst for knowledge in the team.
- Monthly Vet Meetings as well as the Continual Improvement board to voice your opinion on anything from water dispensers to multi-parameter monitors.
- Providing veterinary care to local charities such as Cheadle Animal Welfare, Cocker and English Springer Spaniel Rescue, and Greyhounds Golden Oldies and Friends allows me to give back. It’s why I became a vet in the first place.
- The team is so social. A group of us have climbed the Three Peaks this year for the charities we work with. (More sedentary options are available!).
Intrigued? Get in touch! Already convinced? Apply!
To apply, please visit www.limetreesvets.co.uk/careers and download an application form.
Please email the application form along with a covering letter and CV by clicking the apply button.
Please feel free to use the above email address for any further information.