Junior Clinical Training Scholarship Farm Animal Health and Production
Department of Veterinary Medicine
Scholarship award: £15,000 (Tax Free)
Start date 1 August 2019
Applications are invited for this 12-month Scholarship programme, which provides an opportunity for new graduates or recently qualified veterinarians to receive high-quality postgraduate training in farm animal studies under the supervision of experienced farm animal clinicians in the Cambridge Farm Animal Veterinary Services ambulatory and referral practice at the University of Cambridge.
The emphasis of the programme is on gaining practical clinical experience in farm animal medicine and herd health, and will allow
the Scholar to identify specific fields of farm animal work in which to specialise, either in preparation for Senior Clinical Training Scholarship programmes, or for specialist private practice.
The internship will cover:
- Case management of individual production animals, including emergency and critical care, surgery, anaesthesia, diagnostics, internal medicine and obstetrics
- Involvement in a busy and expanding first opinion farm animal practice
- Training and practice in population medicine and herd health management, with an emphasis on evidence-based medicine
- Experience in teaching and communication
- Basic tuition in research methods and scientific writing
- Opportunity to design and undertake research projects
An applicant must be a Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, or hold a veterinary degree qualifying them for membership.
Informal enquiries about scholarship programme: contact Natalie Wills on email@example.com
An application form (JCTS1) and information pack can be downloaded from the link below or via the following website: https://www.vet.cam.ac.uk/
Closing date: 31 March 2019
Interview date: 16 April 2019
Completed application form, curriculum vitae, covering letter: send to Melissa Large, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 OES, or by clicking the apply button.
Please quote reference PP18328 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.