Rotating Internship Program
Why consider a formal rotating internship?
The rotating and specialty internship programs at VSH Hong Kong have been created according to guidelines set forth by the American Veterinary Medical Association. The full set of guidelines can be found at https://www.avma.org/KB/Policies/Pages/Veterinary-Internships-Guidelines.aspx.
Internships are designed to prepare veterinarians for high-quality service in practice or advanced residency training. The VSH team believes that the primary purpose of an internship is to provide a sound educational program for the intern, guided by specialist mentorship.
We are looking for individuals who display a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and dedication to being a true team player. Our interns maintain a positive attitude, particularly toward patients, fellow staff and clients. We currently have space for 1-2 exceptional candidates.
About our internship:
- 1-year rotating internship, including Internal Medicine, Surgery, and Emergency/Critical Care, with elective rotations in Oncology, Ophthalmology and/or Cardiology
- Interns will be fully supported by specialists
- Shifts may include holidays and a minimum of two overnight rotations
- Interns will have primary case care responsibility for emergency cases with support from VSH specialists
- The caseload at VSH is diverse, consisting mostly of complex medical and surgical cases. General practice services are not provided and are therefore not part of the internship year.
- Salary will be discussed with applicants who have been selected for interview
- Successful applicants must obtain registration with the HK Veterinary Surgeons Board, as well as work permits when applicable, prior to the start of the internship. Priority will be given to Hong Kong residents.
- Starting date: Flexible
To submit an application, please email a letter of intent and CV, as well as two letters of reference via the apply button, with the subject heading “Internship Application”.