Laboratory Business Development Manager
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a proven Business Development Manager to join our Sales Team.
Working in a field based capacity you will be responsible for creating your own leads, recruiting new practices and building effective and trusting relationships with veterinary customers across your region in the sales of diagnostic services and equipment. You will need to be self motivated, creative and work on your own initiative. Very importantly enthusiastic with an “I can” attitude.
In the role, some of your key accountabilities will include:
- Achieve referral and analyser sales targets agreed with Laboratories Sales Manager
- Responsible for the sales process including lead generation and follow up
- Identifying and understanding customer needs and delivering the right solutions to ensure mutual customer and company benefit
- Building relationships with existing customers through client reviews – helping them build on diagnostics within their practices
- To represent the needs of the client to the Laboratory team
- Increasing awareness of Milab in all your customer accounts
- Completing all sales administration tasks to agreed time scales
- Keeping Salesforce up-to-date
- Represent and attend industry events as variously agreed
- Regularly review progress with Laboratories Sales Manager
To be successful, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience in a Business Development/similar role within the veterinary industry
- Proven sales tract record
- Consistent achievement of financial and growth targets
- The ability to understand and explain technical issues to a wide and varied audience
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums
- IT literacy in MS Office – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
In return, you will receive a comprehensive range of benefits including; an excellent salary and bonus package, a company car, the opportunity to enrol in our sharesave scheme, supported professional development, up to 7 weeks holiday - with our buy/sell holiday scheme and access to Perkbox.
Working locations: This is a field based role covering the North of he UK and your travel and location will be influenced by work demands and priorities, however, a typical working week will see you visiting current and prospect clients 4 days per week with 1 day a week working from home.