After Hours Emergency and Critical Care Veterinarian
After Hours Emergency and Critical Care Veterinarian Wanted
The Animal Emergency Centre is Hong Kong's only dedicated referral emergency clinic and is focused on providing the vets and pet owners of Hong Kong with the highest levels of patient care, quality service and compassion.
We receive a diverse and interesting caseload through direct access and referring practices and set a high standard for Emergency Veterinary Medicine in Hong Kong. We have a strong emphasis on working with referring practices on cases, and on communication with both owners and veterinarians. We are integrated with East Island Animal Hospital, one of the largest general practice veterinary hospitals on Hong Kong Island, giving the Animal Emergency Centre a highly competent support team, access to significant diagnostic, medical and treatment resources, and an extensive knowledge base.
You will be based at our completely renovated purpose-built facility, spanning 4 interlinked premises in Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong Island East, designed to WSAVA gold accreditation standards.
Our hospital is well equipped with multiple surgical suites, digital radiography, in house laboratory (including blood gas analysers), ultrasound and Storz Endoscope. You will also have the support of highly-trained and experienced professional colleagues who are happy to lend a hand, teach a skill or give an opinion if needed. All our nurses are highly trained (we don’t hire inexperienced support staff), to allow you to focus on your vet work.
The position offers rewarding base salary with a generous profit-sharing and incentive program. Salary starts from $70,000GBP to $110,000GBP per year. With approximately 15% local tax, this makes for a very attractive salary package.
- 3.5 nights per week
- 4 weeks’ annual leave and a week’s study leave
- Fully supported with 3 veterinary assistants at all times
- We are committed to professional advancement for all our staff and support further education both financially and with study leave
- Progressive Australian management. We are here to provide a supportive and positive working environment, so our vets can focus on being vets.
- Relocation bonus of up to $2000GBP (if relocating from outside Hong Kong)
We also support advancement into management positions for enthusiastic staff
We believe in a combination of professional career advancement, rewarding your efforts and work-life balance.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is a dynamic and progressive team member, capable of managing an emergency situation
- Has at least 3 years’ experience in general veterinary practice or emergency practice
- Can communicate effectively and work as part of a team with our staff, referring veterinarians and clients. Translators are provided, Cantonese language skills are not required.
- Has an interest in developing their career and knowledge
- Has a degree registrable in Hong Kong (including degrees from Australia, UK & Europe, South Africa, USA)
- Skill with ultrasound and emergency surgery is a distinct advantage
Why Hong Kong?
- Hong Kong provides a unique life experience for people wanting to experience Asia at it’s most exciting. As a British colony until 1997 the city is part Chinese, part English – making it an ideal combination of Chinese culture in a city easy to get around, clean and safe, with no difficulties for English speaking residents.
- Hong Kong’s Chek Lap Kok airport is one of the world’s busiest, providing direct flights to most major cities worldwide. Hong Kong is an ideal location from which to explore the rest of Asia. Popular weekend getaway destinations include Thailand, China, Cambodia and Vietnam.
- Some of the lowest taxation rates and lowest crime rates in the world.
- Country Parks account for 40% of Hong Kong’s total area, making an outdoor enthusiast’s playground. Sailing, wakeboarding, swimming, hiking, triathlon and running are all very popular pastimes.
- Dozens of international schools provide world class education opportunities for children.
If you’re interested in an exciting and ever-evolving career in veterinary medicine and this sounds like the position for you, we'd like to speak further.
For more information or to submit your resume, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about us at www.animalemergency.com.hk.