Lead Veterinary Surgeon
We are looking for an experienced small animal vet to lead our Practice in the large village of Melbourn. Located just 10 miles outside of Cambridge, the City has lots to offer with great places to eat, stylish fashion boutiques and must see attractions.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work in a busy practice with an interesting varied caseload.
The branch comes well-equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound and much more. The Melbourn practice is also responsible for the care of the Shepreth Wildlife Conservation Charities Hedgehog Hospital, in which they deal with over 600 hedgehogs per year. There are exciting opportunities for you to be involved in the committee of the hospital if this would be of interest.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience. You must have a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, work to a very high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further. Career progression is actively
promoted and partnership opportunities are available for the right candidate. This is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career.
The role is full time, working 1 in 3 Saturdays, with no on-call or out-of-hours.
Salary & Benefits:
- Package up to £75,000 depending on experience, including:
- Accommodation or £7,800 accommodation allowance
- Vehicle or £2,500 vehicle allowance
- CPD allowance with 3 days’ CPD leave, and in-house CPD training
- VDS, RCVS, BVA fees paid
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities
- Colleague of the month awards, Hills staff feeding schemes, plus many more benefits available
To apply please use the link provided below.
For further details regarding the role, or to discuss other opportunities within Medivet, please contact Nicola by clicking the apply button.