Oak Tree Vet Centre, West or North West of Edinburgh
Oak Tree Vets has been looking after pets in Edinburgh for nearly 20 years, and we are very proud to say that our ethos has never changed: to treat both you and your animals with a friendly, committed manner, and in the caring way in which we like to be treated ourselves.
We are committed to being at the forefront of veterinary practice enabling our experienced team to provide your pet with first class veterinary care.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Director to join our well-established practice.
In addition to having the expected clinical case load of an experienced senior vet, the successful candidate will be responsible for some of the managerial aspects of running the practice.
These will include:
- Line management of the clinical team.
- Overseeing vets’ day rotas
- Promoting best practice and customer care
- Taking responsibility for the resolution of complaints
- Identifying areas of potential business growth
- Ensuring a positive image with the local community
- Helping to oversee practice budgets
- Supporting and developing colleagues / acting as a mentor
- The successful candidate will act as a team mentor - supporting and developing colleagues
We are keen to find someone who is an excellent communicator: who thrives on positive interactions with clients and their pets, and enjoys consulting and working up medical cases.
Being a competent surgeon, with soft tissue and orthopaedic experience, would be a distinct advantage.
We are looking for someone who is able to be the face of the practice, will be able to maintain the extremely good reputation it has in the local area, and will help to steer the highly skilled team to continue to improve on the level of care and service that the practice provides.
To apply, please forward your CV and covering letter to Mike Hall, Business Development Director via the apply button.
For an informal chat, please telephone 07771 930539. Alternatively, please contact Gemma Stewart – firstname.lastname@example.org.