Rotational Intern - Southfields Veterinary Specialists
Southfields Veterinary Specialists has an opportunity to build upon our team of 15 Internship positions. These are full-time one-year positions that include rotations in the departments of Oncology, Radiation, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Orthopaedics, Neurology, Dermatology, Soft Tissue Surgery and Anaesthesia, as well as evening and weekend duties and night shifts.
Key purpose of role
As an Intern you’ll work in close collaboration with senior clinicians in each of the disciplines and, under their supervision, are given responsibilities adapted to their level of knowledge and skills, to further develop your capability and to help them. This will cover a wide variety of tasks, activities and challenges.
How it helps you in your career development
An internship is a great opportunity to gain experience in different specialist disciplines through an intensive and challenging training programme for you as an individuals keen to pursue your career in a residency programme and ultimately become a board-certified specialist.
Those that complete our structured rotational internship, will be eligible to apply for discipline specific internships and future residency's.
What kind of person you need to be
You need to be a highly motivated self-starter with the:
- ability to blend in rapidly into a live operational environment
- self-drive to proactively continue with self- managed theoretical learning
- desire to proactively participate in broad practice activities such as journal clubs, imaging rounds and providing short presentations to other interns and clinical staff
- Strong communication skills and professional approach
Specific experience/qualification/status/citizenship requirements
You must fulfil the following requirements:
- EU Citizenship
- Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- A minimum period of 1 year experience of general small animal practice within the UK
Southfields is the new name in referral services. It’s a very exciting time to join a forward-thinking and highly motivated team that has the support of the Linnaeus Group, providing significant investment in providing new innovative services, a contemporary state-of-the art working environment and commitment to personal and career development. With an excellent support team in place, you’ll be able to concentrate on what you do best in a friendly and supportive practice.
What’s on offer
- Full-time with variable rotas
- Very competitive salary
- A generous benefits package including private medical insurance, life insurance, supported CPD, registration fees and pension
- A good work-life balance
- Located only 30 minutes by train from central London, within easy reach of the beautiful Essex countryside and we are extremely well located for international travel links by air and train - only 30 minutes from Stansted airport.