Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon Job, Beautiful Yorkshire Dales
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Small Animal Vet to be based in the beautiful heart of the Yorkshire Dales, where you would be working for an organically grown group of independent practices.
- The practices are privately owned and have dramatically grown on the last 16 years from a 1 branch practice to 3 sites with over 40 members of staff. The practices have an incredibly low turnover of staff showing what a great place it is to work.
- They have plans in place to build and brand new hospital facility with on-site CT, MRI and Hydrotherapy unit as well as their own emergency team and need to boost their team by 2 vets in order to do this.
- All the practices are incredibly well equipped with Digital X-ray, Dental X-ray, Flex and rigid endoscopes, Ultrasound Doppler, Orthopaedic equipment, K laser, In house idexx labs amongst the other usual equipment
- The team currently comprises 10 vets as well as 10 RVN's. They are a nursing training practice and the owners believe it's incredibly important for their vets to have the right level of support.
- The team have vast experience in various fields including Exotics, Orthopaedics, Ultrasonography, Cardiology, as well as Acupuncture. The teams veterinary experience ranges from 1 to 10 years with 1 vet holding a surgery cert and another Vet holds a medical cert – the practice are currently putting two other vets through a surgery cert and 1 more through their med cert.
- They have a lot of surgeons in the practice and ideally are looking for somebody with a medical bias, with an interest in feline medicine being a big plus
- They are ideally looking for somebody with between 2 and 5 years’ experience who is competent with all routine surgeries and comfortable consulting
- They are looking for a vet who is ambitious and keen to continue to improve themselves and the practice
- There is ALWAYS a nurse on call with the vet
- 20 days holiday plus BH and every years’ service you will receive an extra days holiday
- Health Shield plan available
- RCVS, BSAVA and Insurance all paid
What Happens Next
You can apply for this vacancy by pressing the 'Apply' button and attaching your latest CV. You can also discuss this and other similar opportunities with a Veterinary team member by phoning 01423 850412 for a no obligation chat.
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Vet Jobs
Apply for Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon Job, Beautiful Yorkshire Dales
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly