Senior Small Animal Vet
Senior Small Animal Vet Required – Oakley Vets, Reading, Berkshire
We are looking for a vet with experience that would like to continue their clinical work whilst also having some involvement in the running of the practice and the mentoring of the team (with support). You might already be in a senior vet role, or you might be looking for the next step in your career.
The position is full time and we are a 4.5 Vet small animal clinic with a two Vet operating branch 10 minutes up the road.
A bit about our team
We have three vets that have worked here since they qualified (2010, 2014, 2016) and another vet that has worked here since 2009. We have a fantastic support team of RVNs, student VNs, patient care assistants and receptionists and a great Practice Manager. Several of these staff have worked here for years, and some have even come back to us.
A bit about the role
- The role will be mostly clinical with a fair share of consulting and operating
- Most of us work a 4.5 day week, we would happily consider other options, including part time/job share
- One in four Saturday mornings
- One in 12 Saturday afternoons as back up vet at our local out of hours practice
We have a lovely airy practice with windows in all the consulting rooms. We have lots of nice equipment, dental x-ray, digital radiography, an endoscope, a multiparameter anaesthetic monitor, a nice ultrasound machine and a tonopen along with all the things you would usually expect. The Practice is based in a lovely leafy area of Reading, walking distance from the river Thames. Our branch is in an Oxfordshire village just up the road, and the Chilterns are on our doorstep. Reading is just 30 min on the train from London Paddington and you can drive to the coast in 1.5hrs. You can also get to Heathrow airport in 45 min and there is a direct train to Gatwick airport.
We can offer a competitive salary and up to 7 weeks holiday a year + Bank Holidays on our buy sell holiday scheme. We will fund you through a certificate.
You will receive a range of benefits including:
- Financial support for your CPD
- A purpose built workplace
- Staff discount scheme
- Paid VDS and RCVS fees
- Access to a range of flexible benefits to suit your needs – such subsidised gym membership and cycle to work scheme